Yumbox Panino 4-compartment Lunch Box is a compartment meal box to pack lunches to bring on the go. It has 4 compartments and sized perfectly to slip into school bags and work bags for healthy, balanced meal time at school or work. Make lunch on-the-go easier and more fun with new Yumbox Panino!
- 4-compartment food tray
- Includes exterior box and tray insert with illustrated themes.
- 3 Cup volume: One 2 cup sandwich/salad-friendly section, two 1/2 cup servings plus a 1 oz. dip/treat well.
- Dimensions: 8.5 (l) x 6.5 (w) x 1.8 (h) inches, weighs 1 lbs 1.5 oz.
- Pack wet foods like yogurt and dips (not water).
- Ideal for kids and adults.
Recommended for ages 3+ years.
Product comes with one-year limited warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship. Manufacturers’ warranties may not apply in all cases, depending on factors such as use of the product. Read warranty details below to check your eligibility.
Yumbox Panino is your lunch time go-to for kids of all ages and adults.
Pack a sandwich (crusts on), salads, sides and snacks. Yumbox Panino is holds more food than Yumbox Original for growing kids and adults. Prepare balanced healthy meals in minutes!
*Insulated bag not included.
Yumbox is a kid-friendly, bento-style lunch container designed for kids and adults. Yumbox is made with high quality, super durable, BPA-free, food-safe materials.
Yumbox Size Guide
Is Yumbox leakproof?
Yes. Yumbox is a leakproof container. Yumbox’s silicone lid engages with the tray to create a tight seal keeping food contents in place, including wet foods like yogurt and applesauce (not water). Foods will not leak between compartments or outside of the box.
How do I pack wet foods?
Yumbox is designed to hold wet foods but not liquids. To ensure that food stays in place and does not leak to other compartments, follow these 4 Easy Steps:
- Do not overfill compartments (an overfilled compartment could cause another to leak as well);
- Remove any excess liquid from canned fruit, applesauce and yogurts;
- Keep contents cool by adding an ice pack to your lunch tote;
- When closing Yumbox, press down on the lid with the palm of your hand and snap latch to closed position to create the best seal.
Do not pack yogurt drinks, soups or runny/watery dressings.
Do pack foods with the consistency of ranch dressing, ketchup, chunky salsas, hummus, yogurt, and veggie dips. These are all great options. Some oily vinaigrettes may leak out of the dip well. One trick that can help keep vinaigrettes in place is to dress the salad and top it with a few croutons. The croutons will absorb excess oil/liquid and keep the vinaigrette from seeping into a neighboring compartment. If you are not sure if your food choice is too liquidy to pack, we suggest that you conduct a quick test before sending your child to school with that food. Simply add the test food to a compartment, close Yumbox properly and give it a good shake (or leave it on its side for 10 min.). Set Yumbox back to normal position and open to see the results.
Is Yumbox dishwasher safe?
Yes, Yumbox is dishwasher safe. Top rack only. We highly recommend hand washing the outer shell and/or removing it before the heat dry cycle. Yumbox has been tested at temperature 65C/149F, 110 min. cycle. Yumbox is made with ABS (exterior box), Tritan (tray), and silicone (seal). Yumbox is designed with rounded edges and smooth surfaces to make hand washing easy.
Special Care instructions for the silicone seal: Please be sure to empty contents each day, hand wash with warm soapy water and thoroughly dry your Yumbox before storing. Also, if you live in a damp or humid environment, leave Yumbox ajar, not sealed when storing. If you pack oily foods regularly, coat with a baking soda paste once a week overnight to avoid build-up.
How do I carry Yumbox?
Yumbox is compact and fits neatly in standard size lunch totes. Yumbox insulated coolers are now available in small and large sizes.
Is Yumbox food safe?
Yes. All materials are food-safe, BPA-Free, Phthalates-free and are CPSIA and FDA compliant.
Is Yumbox microwavable?
Yumbox's exterior shell is not microwave safe. We do not recommend microwaving the inner tray. Yumbox is designed for serving cold or room temperature foods. If foods that require reheating are being packed, we recommend using removable silicone cups.
Is Yumbox thermal?
No. Yumbox is not made with thermal materials. If adding food like yogurt, which should be kept cold, we recommend packing Yumbox in an insulated bag with an ice pack to keep contents cool.
Does Yumbox come with utensils or drink cup?
Yumbox is not sold with accessories at this time. However, we will be offering accompanying products in the future.
How big is Yumbox?
Yumbox is perfect for little kids! Yumbox is compact and can be carried in standard size totes. It also fits neatly on the lunch table.
Yumbox Original and Yumbox Panino dimensions in a closed position are approximately 8.5 (l) x 6.5 (w) x 1.8 (h) inches and weighs 1 lbs 1.5 oz.
Yumbox Tapas dimensions: 9.5 (l) x 6.9 (w) x 1.8 (h) inches and weighs 1 lb 6 oz.
Yumbox MiniSnack in a closed positions is 5.8 (l) x 4 (w) x 2 (h) inches and weighs 10 oz.
What portions does Yumbox accommodate?
Yumbox now has a range of designs to make packing lunch for everyone easy!
Yumbox Original 6-compartment food tray, is perfect for toddlers through age 8 who like variety. It accommodates five 1/2 cup portions of the five main food groups plus one dip/treat well. The illustrated trays reinforce healthy balanced meal packing.
Yumbox Panino 4-compartment food tray is sandwich-friendly. This is a great option for kids and adults of all ages that prefer sandwich and salad style lunches. It has one large sandwich size section (2 cups) with two smaller 1/2 cup sides plus a 1 oz dip/treat well.
Yumbox MiniSnack is perfect for anyone that snacks. It has 3 compartments: 3/4 cup, 1/3 cup serving plus dip well.
Yumbox Tapas 5 and 4 compartment tray is a larger Yumbox size for pre-teens, teens and adults. Total volume: 4.2 cups.
Yumboxes are compact, leakproof and kid-friendly.
Is Yumbox’s tray removable?
Yes. Yumbox’s tray fits snuggly in the bottom half of the exterior box. It can be removed easily for cleaning, packing or for at home use. In fact, kids love eating their meals out of Yumbox’s tray at home too! The first time you open Yumbox, you may find that the tray is slightly difficult to remove. After initial removal, it will return to its comfortably snug fit.
Are Yumbox’s trays interchangeable?
No. While the 6-compartment trays may fit in 4-compartment outer boxes, and vise versa, they will not create a seal and do not have a perfect fit to prevent leaking or spills.
Please note that the Yumbox Original 6-compartment is not compatible with the 2014 and earlier models. Please look at the photos of the trays if you aren't sure which one you own.
Can I pack a Yumbox lunch the night before and store it in the fridge?
Yes. Yumbox acts as an excellent storage container. The seal keeps foods fresh for days in the fridge.
MORE ABOUT YUMBOX!
Balance & Portion Control
Yumbox’s pre-portioned illustrated trays guide you to packing healthy and hassle-free lunches! Now with two smart options: 6-compartment Yumbox encourages variety and healthy eating habits; and 4-compartment Yumbox Panino offers more volume for sandwich/salads, sides and your favorite dip or treat.
Leakproof Single Lid
Pack applesauce next to crackers with no worries! Yumbox's unique single lid seals all food wells individually. Food won’t touch or leak outside of the box. No baggies! No lost lids! No mess!
Reuse, Reduce and Save! Yumbox saves you money by eliminating the need for baggies, multiple containers, plastic wrap and snack packs. Pack a waste free lunch. All food safe materials, BPA-free and phthalates-free.
Yumbox is lightweight and compact with an easy-open latch. It fits neatly into a standard size thermal lunch totes. Yumbox is ideal for toddlers, kids of all ages and adults. Pack Yumbox for school, play and work.
Educational & Fun
Turn your meals into a food adventure for you and your child. Offering a healthy variety of foods will instill good eating habits the fun way!
Simple to pack, fun to eat!
Pack Yumbox for all of your meals on-the-go. School, travel, play and work.
With care, your Yumbox should last for many years, but just in case it doesn’t, your box comes with a one-year limited warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is non-transferable and applies only to the original purchaser. All refunds and replacements are issued at the discretion of Yumbox.
What does the warranty NOT cover?
- Normal wear and tear such as scratches, dents, discoloration or odors
- Silicone seals getting moldy, discolored after repeated use (you can purchase replacement exterior boxes on our website)
- Defects resulting from repair or alteration of the product Defects resulting from improper user, including any use or care not in accordance with suggested care under FAQ (above)
- Defects resulting from improper storage, such as storing in freezer, outdoors or damp environments
- Products that are resold, given away, or in any other case where you are not the first and original owner
- Misplaced pieces (exterior boxes and tray inserts etc)
- Yumbox Original 6-compartment Lunch Box (11 Designs)S$38.25 List Price: S$45.00
- Ergobaby Embrace Soft Air Mesh Newborn Baby Carrier (4 Colors)S$215.10 List Price: S$239.00
- Yumbox Original 6-compartment Tray (3 Designs)S$22.10 List Price: S$26.00
- Yumbox MiniSnack 3-compartment Lunch Box - Bijoux Purple (Kitten)S$29.75 List Price: S$35.00
- Yumbox Chop Chop Replacement Glass Cube, 1pcS$7.57 List Price: S$8.90
- Yumbox Chop Chop Serving Tray - RectangleS$10.97 List Price: S$12.90
- Yumbox Chop Chop Glass Storage Cubes, 3pc (3 Colours)S$21.25 List Price: S$25.00
- Yumbox Chop Chop Serving Tray - SquareS$11.82 List Price: S$13.90
- Yumbox Panino 4-compartment Tray - Non-IllustratedS$22.10 List Price: S$26.00
- Yumbox Chop Chop Silicone Storage Cubes, 3pc - CrispS$29.75 List Price: S$35.00
- Yumbox Panino 4-compartment Tray - Bike RaceS$22.10 List Price: S$26.00