Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer - White
Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer is a steam sterilizer that makes it a little easier to protect babies from harmful bacteria that can build up in feeding bottles. Keeping your baby happy and healthy is a full-time job.
- Compact and easy-to-use - just push one button
- Sterilizes five bottles bottles in five minutes (excludes time for warming and cooling)
- Chemical-free sterilizing, which kills 99.9% of germs
- Sleek, space-saving design suitable for any kitchen
- Always BPA and phthalate free
Recommended for babies 0+ months.
This product comes with 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects.
The Closer To Nature Electric Steam Steriliser is perfect for when you need to use feeding equipment or accessories as soon as possible, or to prepare them for later use (for example you could sterilise your baby feeding equipment in the evening, ready to be used the next morning).The electric steriliser has a large interior space and can hold up to five bottles at a time, along with smaller accessories. The sleek design means it will not take up as much space on your worktop as other sterilisers. This Closer to Nature steriliser includes a Closer to Nature soother and a pair of teat tongs to lift bottle teats out of the steriliser and prevent contamination.
With this easy to use steriliser, parents simply push the button for up to 5 sterile bottles in 5 minutes. We suggest you allow a few minutes on either side of the cycle for the steriliser to warm up and cool down so the bottles are safe to touch. All Tommee Tippee Sterilisers and Feeding Bottles are BPA-free for your total reassurance.
- Chemical free
- Sterile 24 hours
- Holds five bottles
- 5 minute cycles
- Compact and easy to use steriliser - just push one button
- Sleek, space-saving design perfect in every kitchen
- BPA free
Contents: Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Sterilizer, a Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Anytime 0-6m soother, teat tongs and an instruction leaflet
Batteries not required
The Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer is a chemical-free sterilizing system designed to kill 99.9% of harmful bacteria* that can build up in milk bottles. Parents love the worry-free system that sterilizes without the risk of harsh detergent, chemicals or dishwasher residue.
Can hold up to five bottles
The sterilizer is compatible for use with 5 Closer to Nature bottles, 5 Advanced Anti-Colic bottles or 4 Ultra bottles.
The sterilizer contents now stay sterile for a full 24 hours if the lid stays closed, giving parents the chance to switch it on at bedtime and remove clean bottles at breakfast time.
Parents love the worry-free system that sterilizes without the risk of detergent chemicals and dishwasher residue.
- Weighs: 1.9kgs
- Product dimensions: 32.8 x 25 x 22.1cm
Can I dry baby bottles after sterilization?
Thankfully, you can cross this off your to-do list. Any water left inside the bottles after sterilization is sterile and won’t collect germs so there’s no need to dry. In fact wiping the inside of a bottle after sterilization could even add germs, so it’s best not to.
Do I need sterilizing fluid for the electric sterilizer?
Nope - just water. 2.7 fl oz/ 80ml to be precise. The water turns to steam and that’s what sterilizers anything you place inside.
Do I really need to sterilize my bottles?
Of course not, it’s entirely your choice. The main reason for using a microwave or electric sterilizer is that they are guaranteed to reach the 100 deg C needed to kill off harmful bacteria that can build up in milk. You don’t get that guarantee with a dishwasher.
How do I descale my electric sterilizer?
There are two simple options. You could use a descaling product that’s specifically suitable for electric steam sterilisers or you could use cleaning or food grade white vinegar. If you choose a specialist product, it should come with instructions; if you choose vinegar, here’s what to do:
- Empty the sterilizer and wipe inside with a sponge or damp cloth
- Pour in 1 cup (250ml) of white vinegar and leave for between 30 mins and 24 hours, depending on the extent of limescale
- Pour any remaining liquid down the sink and rinse with cool water. Use a sponge or cloth to remove any loose bits of limescale
- Plug your sterilizer back in, adding the regular volume of water for a normal cycle.
- Turn on and run for 5-minutes then give a final rinse.
We know it’s hard to find time, but it’s good to descale your sterilizer every 4 weeks if you can. You can of course do it sooner if you notice limescale building up, which you may do if you live in a hard water area. Bad luck if you do - it probably makes your kettle a bit yucky too. And we’re guessing you need that more than ever now that baby has arrived!
How do I reassemble my bottle after sterilization?
Just reassemble as normal, but wash your hands thoroughly first, or use a pair of nipple tongs if you have some. The idea is to keep the bottle as clean and sterile as possible:)
How much water should I use in my electric sterilizer?
We recommend using 2.7 fl oz/ 80 ml in the electric sterilizer. To make it super easy to remember we have marked 80ml on the bottle with a small dotted line so no matter how little sleep you get you will always remember!
How often should I descale my sterilizer?
We know it’s hard to find time with a newborn in the house, but if possible we recommend you descale your sterilizer every 4 weeks. If you live in a hard water area you may need to do it more often, just as you do with your kettle.
How should I position bottles in my sterilizer?
The aim is to allow steam to get inside and all around every bottle. The best position for this is upside down, ideally at an angle.
Should I have a lot of steam during a cycle?
Not really. If you have way more steam than you’d expect, it could be you’ve just got a few too many items inside. There are marked areas on the trays to show where to put your bottles, and if you’re popping other items like teethers or soothers in, just be sure to space these out evenly.
Should there be water left in the bottom after a cycle?
Yes - that’s pretty common. Just empty it out once you’re finished and you’re ready to start again.
What’s the best way to remove the lid?
You don’t really want a face full of steam, so use the tabs on either side and tilt the lid so the underside is facing away from you. This also means any condensation will drip back into the unit rather than making a mess for you to clear up.
Which bottles fit in the electric and microwave sterilizers?
That’s simple, all of the Closer to Nature® bottles do! 150ml, 260ml and 340ml bottles will fit perfectly. You can only fit 5 Ultra bottles in the electric steam sterilizer, instead of the usual 6. We know that’s not ideal, so we’re working on a brand new sterilizer that will happily fit in more.
Why do my bottles still have marks on after I sterilize?
The chances are, the marks are milk residue. Sterilizing removes bacteria, but bottles still need to be washed beforehand to remove any bits of milk clinging on inside. Hot soapy water will do the trick - a thorough wash, then rinse and pop them in your sterilizer.
Yes, you can put other brand bottles. It can fit up to 5x Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature 340ml, which are approximately sized 16.9x7cm each. So just ensure your bottle is this size or smaller, it will fit.
- Tommee Tippee Digital No Touch Forehead Digital ThermometerS$79.00 List Price: S$109.90
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Travel Bottle and Food WarmerS$19.90 List Price: S$39.90
- Tommee Tippee Nappy Odour Neutralising Spray (500 Spritzes) - exp 09/22S$10.90 List Price: S$13.90
- Tommee Tippee No Knock Cup (300ml) - YellowS$9.90 List Price: S$16.90
- Tommee Tippee Sangenic Twist & Click Advanced Diaper Disposal Bin (6 casettes) - WhiteS$89.90 List Price: S$129.00
- Tommee Tippee Advanced Anti-Colic Teats (2pk) (2 Sizes)S$8.91 List Price: S$9.90
- Tommee Tippee Sangenic Twist and Click Cassettes (6-pack)S$69.00 List Price: S$89.90
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Complete Feeding Set - The Clash - BlackS$169.00 List Price: S$482.70
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Teats (2pk) (3 Sizes, 0-6m+)S$8.91 List Price: S$9.90
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Complete Feeding Set - WhiteS$169.00 List Price: S$299.00
- Tommee Tippee Sangenic Twist & Click Advanced Diaper Disposal Bin (1 casette) - WhiteS$64.90 List Price: S$99.00
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Breast-like Soother (1pc) (2 Sizes)S$6.90 List Price: S$12.90
- Tommee Tippee Sangenic Twist and Click Cassettes (3-pack)S$36.90 List Price: S$49.90
- Tommee Tippee Quick-Cook Baby Food Maker (Steam & Blend)S$179.00 List Price: S$299.00
- Tommee Tippee Super-Steam Advanced Electric SteriliserS$99.00 List Price: S$169.00