Thermos FUNtainer Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar, 10 oz (3 Colours)
Thermos FUNtainer Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar is a compact and lightweight 10-ounce FUNtainer® food jar from Genuine Thermos® Brand that keeps foods and snacks at their optimal temperature, perfect for packing in a school lunch. Thermos® vacuum insulation technology and durable double wall stainless steel construction will keep food hot for up to 5 hours or cold for up to 7 hours. The wide mouth design makes it easy to fill, eat from and clean.
- Thermos® vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention
- Double Wall Stainless Steel
- Keeps contents hot for up to 5 hours or cold for up to 7 hours
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Exterior stays cool to the touch with hot contents and sweat-proof with cold
- Wide mouth is easy to fill, eat from and clean
- 10-ounce capacity
- Dimensions: 11 (height) x 9 (diameter) cm
Recommended for babies 12+ months.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Not Recommended For Use By Children: Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn or scald user.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow. Hot contents may burn or scald user if overflow occurs.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through lid when lid is closed. Missing, worn or misaligned gasket may cause product to leak. Leakage of hot contents may burn or scald user.
- In general, contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. However, the rate at which contents spoil depends on several factors. Certain contents that include, for example, dairy and/or tomato may start to spoil sooner. Proceed with caution when using the product with quick spoiling contents.
- If contents are left in the container longer than 24 hours, or you suspect spoilage, use caution when opening the container. Contents spoilage can cause pressure inside the container to build, possibly leading to the forceful ejection of the stopper or contents. In such circumstances, before attempting to open the container, ensure the opening is pointed away from the user or other persons to avoid injury.
- Do not use tools or devices to force container to open.
- If you are unable to open container by hand, do not open it and dispose of it at your local waste facility.
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. This may cause lid/stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.
Thermos General FAQ
Is all Thermos® vacuumware made of 304 stainless steel?
The body of Thermos® product is made of SUS304 stainless steel, all Thermos® food grade containers are comply with all recognised safety standard. Thermos® vacuumware are tested by independent labs to ensure that our material and processes are safe. Stainless steel and plastic parts in the Thermos® vacuumware do not contain any heavy metal or plasticizer which is harmful to human body.
Why is SUS304 stainless steel magnetic?
The two possible reasons for stainless steel become magnetized:
There was microstructural change due to the cold work and heat treatment on stainless steel, or stainless steel was exposed to magnetic metal. This is to make cookware compatible with induction cooker that heats a cooking vessel by magnetic induction.
Using magnet will not be able to tell the structure of stainless steel.
Can I run tests that I found online with chemical on stainless steel product?
Definitely no, using chemical compound without proper guidance might endanger you and your property.
Why there are mill-rolled and bright annealed finishes for Thermos® stainless steel vacuumware?
The finishes of stainless steel are varying due to the duration, environment, and temperature of electrolysis. However the quality of vacuumware will not be affected, you can use at ease.
Is the plastic parts in Thermos® vacuumware heat proof?
All plastics are made with Plastic Polypropylene, or silicone that is heat and cold resistant. All Thermos® food grade containers are comply with all recognised safety standard. Thermos® vacuumware are tested by independent labs to ensure that our material and processes are safe. Stainless steel and plastic parts in the Thermos® vacuumware do not contain any heavy metal or plasticizer which is harmful to human body. Please purchase and use at ease.
Is the straw in the vacuumware heat resistant? (only applies to Thermos products with straw)
The soft straw is able to withstand temperatures up to 120 degree Celsius, and stem straw is up to 70 degree Celsius. However warm water is more recommended.
Do I need to wash a Thermos® vacuumware prior initial use?
Prior initial use, clean with warm water and mild dish soap.
Why is the brand new Thermos® vacuumware smelly?
If you feel the smell is unpleasant, kindly place your lid and stopper outside on a sunny day to simultaneously air them out. You may also soak the lid and stopper in mixture of water and vinegar at 10:1 ratio, and the smell will be reduced slowly.
What is the recommended amount of beverage in the vacuumware?
Do not add the beverage more than maximum label, kindly leave space ½ inch from the top. Otherwise it might overspill and cause burn when you close the lid.
How to clean the vacuumware?
Cleaning the vacuumware immediately after using to prevent stains and dried-on food from building up. You can wash it with mild dish soap and scour them lightly with a scouring pad (the kind found on double-sided sponges) or wet cloth. Never use products like abrasive powder, scouring agent, bleach or dish soap contains chlorine on your pans, or scrub with steel wool that might cause scratch, damage or discoloration.
How to remove tea stain, coffee residue or odour
To remove difficult stains fill your vacuumware with hot water, add one teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda. Never use any bleach, steel wool, abrasive powder, scouring agent, and brightener which may cause scratch, damage, and rust. Avoid immerse the vacuumware or stainless steel lid in water, as it may rust or stain if not the gap is fully dry.
Can I immerse Thermos® vacuumware in hot water for sterilization?
Do not immerse bottle in boiling water. It will result in deformation, water leaking or discoloration.
Why Thermos® stainless steel vacuumware should be keep away from gas stove or direct heat?
This is to prevent deformation or discoloration of the product.
Can I put the Thermos® stainless steel vacuumware in a dishwasher?
Do not put your vacuumware in a dishwasher or dish dryer to prevent deformation, and water leaking.
Can I store salty food and soup in Thermos® vacuumware?
It is alright for storing salty food and soup in the vacuumware, please consume within 6 hours and clean it thoroughly.
Can I store dry ice, carbonated beverage, acidic beverage, milk and fruit juice in vacuumware?
Do not store dry ice and carbonated beverage which can cause strong pressure in the vacuumware. It may result stopper to eject forcefully.
Do not store acidic beverage such as plum juice and lemon juice etc., which may lead to poor performance in hot retention.
Milk, or dairy product and fruit juice should not be kept in the vacuumware for prolonged period as it may spoil.
Every Thermos® sport vacuumware state that it can keep beverage cold. Can it keep the beverage hot as well? (only applies to Thermos Sport products)
Yes, but it is not advisable because the design of stopper are not suitable for hot drink and can’t last longer if compare with other same capacity Thermos® products. Be caution when the contents are hot, do not drink directly from the product.
Are all vacuumware product suitable for thermal cooking?
Not all vacuumware products can use for thermal cooking. For thermal cooking, you need to boil and simmer all ingredients until reaching same boiling temperature; the food keeps cooking slowly in its own retained heat in the vacuum insulated pot that has vacuum-insulated double walls. Food must be at least ¾ full and reach boiling temperature in order to cook thermally.
Why sometime I am having hard time to open the lid?
When hot drink or food has been put into vacuumware, the pressure automatically developed and you find yourself unable to unscrew the lid. No worry, it is normal. Running the lid under hot water for a minute will make it comes off more easily.
Can I assemble the product on my own? (parts are not necessarily available in this store)
You may replace parts like O-ring, stopper or lid follow original position and direction. It is not advisable to assemble or repair other parts because it may cause scratch or damage on the product.
Why my vacuumware is unable to retain hot or cold anymore?
The vacuum insulation is no longer working when the product is being hit/ strike and the unit is irreparable.
Why is the coating on my vacuumware peeling off?
Partial peeling off might be cause by frequent contact with high heat or oil (such as hand cream) which may soften the coating.
How do I know is vacuum insulation is no longer working?
Try this test:
- Add hot water into the container
- Wait for few minutes
- Touch the outer surface of body
- If it is hot, vacuum insulation is not working.
I have purchased my vacuumware long time ago, why is the vacuum insulation is not working even though I never use it?
The desiccants in the vacuum insulated chamber are used to absorb moisture. Desiccants are used to extend the life of vacuumware by absorbing unwanted gases and moisture that promote heat transfer within the evacuated space. Normally desiccants will reach saturation after 5 years and decrease the heat retention performance.
How can I repair the vacuumware when vacuum insulation is not working?
Vacuum insulation is not repairable.
Why there is no way to repair vacuumware when vacuum insulation is not working?
Vacuum insulation function is not able to be recovered once it is not working.
ARE FUNTAINER® AND FOOGO® PRODUCTS BPA-FREE?
Yes, our FUNtainer and Foogo products are made with love from BPA-free materials; including Polypropylene #5 and food grade 18/8 stainless steel.
It is mostly made in China with strict quality control.
The body of Thermos® product is made of SUS304 stainless steel, all Thermos® food grade containers are comply with all recognised safety standard. Thermos® vacuumware are tested by independent labs to ensure that our material and processes...
It is 11 (height) x 9 (diameter) cm.
- S'well Insulated Reusable Bottle, 17oz - Glitter Collection - Sparkling ChampagneS$34.00 List Price: S$59.00
- S'well Insulated Reusable Bottle, 17oz - Wood Collection - Blonde WoodS$43.00 List Price: S$59.00
- Thermos Stainless King Vacuum Insulated Drink Bottle, 24oz (2 Colours)S$45.90 List Price: S$59.90
- Thermos FUNtainer Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar, 10 oz - BlueS$25.90 List Price: S$29.90
- S'well Insulated Reusable Bottle, 9oz - Wood Collection (3 Designs)S$35.00 - S$39.00 List Price: S$49.00
- Thermos FUNtainer Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar w/ Folding Spoon, 10oz - Pokemon (Red)S$35.90 List Price: S$39.90
- S'well Insulated Reusable Bottle, 17oz - Wood Collection (2 Designs)S$43.00 - S$47.00 List Price: S$59.00
- S'well Insulated Reusable Bottle, 17oz - Shimmer Collection - Rowboat RedS$39.00 List Price: S$59.00
- Thermos FUNtainer Insulated Stainless Steel Straw Bottle, 12 oz - TealS$25.90 List Price: S$29.90
- S'well Insulated Reusable Bottle, 17oz - Galaxy Collection - NeptuneS$39.00 List Price: S$59.00
- Thermos Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel King Food Jar w/ Folding Spoon, 16oz (6 Colours)S$39.90 List Price: S$59.00
- Thermos FUNtainer Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar w/ Folding Spoon, 10oz - Navy Lines & DotsS$29.90 List Price: S$39.90
- Thermos Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel King Food Jar, 24oz (3 Colours)S$39.00 List Price: S$59.00
- Thermos Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel King Food Jar w/ Folding Spoon, 16oz - Midnight BlueS$39.90 List Price: S$59.00
- S'well Insulated Reusable Bottle, 17oz - Elements Collection - LabradoriteS$34.00 List Price: S$59.00
- S'well Insulated Reusable Bottle, 17oz - Elements Collection - Calacatta GoldS$45.00 List Price: S$59.00
- Thermos FUNtainer Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar w/ Folding Spoon, 10oz - SpaceS$29.90 List Price: S$39.90