Sophie the Giraffe Once Upon a Time Birth Gift Set
Sophie the Giraffe Once Upon a Time Birth Gift Set is a gift set: Original Sophie la girafe teether, a rattle with 2 balls, and a Sophie la girafe keychain. The perfect gift for Baby Shower. Sophie la giraffe is not only the perfect teething toy to soothe teething gums, it is full of discoveries and activities to awaken baby's senses: sight, hearing, taste and touch. The perfect gift for a Baby Shower Sophie la giraffe, for both parent and baby.
- Sophie La Girafe Birth Gift Set includes: Original Sophie la girafe teether, a rattle with 2 balls, and a Sophie la girafe keychain.
- Sophie Giraffe made of 100% natural rubber from the Hevea tree and food-safe paint.
- Each Sophie la girafe teether is hand painted with natural color pigments
- Sophie Giraffe keychain for parent to hang on their diaper bags
- Rattle with 2 balls that spin round and round and jingle
- Rattle is light and easy to grasp handle, ideal for baby's small hands.
Recommended for 0+ months.
Sight: The dark and contrasting spots all over Sophie la giraffe's body provide visual stimulation and make her easily recognizable to baby. She soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object.
Hearing: Giraffe's squeaker keeps baby amused, stimulates his hearings, and helps him to understand the link between cause and effect.
Taste: Sophie la giraffe is very flexible and has lots of parts for baby to chew (ears, horns, legs). She is perfect for soothing baby's sore gums when teething and is completely safe.
Touch: Sophie la giraffe is perfect for baby's small hands. She is very light and her long legs and neck are easy for baby to grip. She is very soft to touch, just like baby's mummy, stimulating soothing physiological and emotional responses.
Smell: The singular scent of natural rubber (from Hevea tree) makes Sophie the Giraffe very special and easy for your child to identify amid all his other toys
Sophie la girafe is BABY'S FIRST TOY, stimulating EACH OF HIS SENSES from the age of 3 months
She is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea Tree.
Generations upon generations of children were to love hearing Sophie squeak whenever they pressed her tummy or head!
At the age of 3 months, a baby's eyesight is still limited and he can only make out high contrasts.
The dark and contrasting attention-catching spots all over Sophie la girafe's body provide visual stimulation and she soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object for baby.
Sophie la girafe's squeaker keeps baby amused and stimulates his hearing. To begin with, the funny sound she makes when she is squeezed helps to stimulate his hearing, and then later, helps him to understand the link between cause and effect.
The singular scent of natural rubber from the Hevea tree makes Sophie la girafe very special and easy for your child to identify amid all his other toys.
Made of 100% natural rubber and food-grade paints, she is completely safe to chew. Sophie la girafe is akin to the nipple of a feeding-bottle. Her soft texture and numerous chewable parts (ears, horns, legs), makes her perfect for soothing baby's sore gums during teething.
Touch is the first means a baby has to communicate with the outside world.
Sophie la girafe's soft feel, like baby's mother's skin, stimulates physiological and emotional responses that soothe baby and promote healthy growth and well-being.
Easy to grip
Thanks to her shape and 18cm size, Sophie la girafe is perfect for baby's small hands. She is very light, and her long legs and neck make it easy for baby to grip, even from his earliest days.
The rubber used by Vulli comes exclusively from the hevea trees growing in Malaysia. Each morning before the heat of the day settles in, the milky liquid that oozes from the cells beneath the bark is collected from these millions of hevea trees. This liquid is known as “latex”.
This latex is natural, soft, elastic, waterproof, insulating and pleasant to the smell and touch.
To create the little wonder that is Sophie la girafe, Vulli first heats the latex using a special process involving a technique called "rotomoulding" and then performs a series of 14 manual operations.
How to clean Sophie la girafe?
Under normal use of Sophie la girafe and in accordance with packaging instructions, cleaning the toy’s surface using a cloth moistened with soapy water is all that is needed. Please note that the toy’s whistle leaves a hole on the surface. Users must therefore ensure that water does not enter inside the product during cleaning.
For this same reason, it is important to refrain from rinsing or submerging Sophie la girafe and from placing the toy in the dishwasher.
If required, it is possible to spend more time scrubbing with your cloth moistened with soapy water. In fact, the longer the time spent scrubbing the product with soap, the more effective the cleaning.
How do I clean my Sophie the Giraffe teether?
Things you’ll need to clean Sophie*:
- clean towel
- potable/drinking water
- A few drops of dishwashing soap
Follow these simple steps:
- Dip sponge/towel in bowl of drinking water with a few drops of dishwashing soap. Squeeze out excess water.
- Use this DAMP towel (not dripping wet) to wipe down Sophie's body
- Dip towel in clean, potable water with NO SOAP and squeeze to remove soap and excess water. Use the DAMP towel to wipe Sophie. Change the water as necessary and repeat this step several times to completely remove soap residue from Sophie.
- Let Sophie dry before you let your baby use.
Note for teethers with squeakers and/or holes:
- Please make sure that water DOES NOT get in through the squeaker.
- Do not use while bathing or in the pool
*Do not sterilize rubber-based toys
Can Sophie la girafe be sterilised?
In accordance with what is written on the product packaging, we do not recommend sterilising Sophie la girafe.
Known sterilisation methods require partial or full immersion of the product in a sterilising solution (boiling water or water with a sterilisation tablet) that could damage it.
Can I sterilize Sophie?
No, you cannot sterilize (UV, steam, etc.) Sophie items. Since these are made of natural rubber, exposure to heat may alter the product's integrity. If you've already sterilized Sophie, we recommend discontinuing use, for safety reasons.
- Sophie The Giraffe Maracas Rattle & Teether Gift BoxS$47.92 List Price: S$59.90
- Sophie The Giraffe Sophiesticated Teether Gift SetS$47.92 List Price: S$59.90
- Sophie the Giraffe So' Pure Boat Bath Toy - Rubber/WoodS$23.90 List Price: S$29.90
- Sophie the Giraffe Sophiesticated Pouet Rattle SetS$47.92 List Price: S$59.90
- Sophie the Giraffe Sophie's Bathtub BoatS$19.92 List Price: S$24.90