NumNum Pre-Spoon GOOtensil Silicone Spoon (2 Pack) - Gray & Green
NumNum Pre-Spoon GOOtensil is a dip and eat silicone spoon for babies. No need for scooping, when baby dips it in, the dimpled heads catches enough baby food to be placed into his/her mouth to eat. Designed for use with purees and other food blends, a NumNum GOOtensil™ is a pre-spoon that makes self-feeding easier for little ones just starting utensils. Unlike a spoon, the head is flat, so there's no scooping, no balancing, and no wrong way to hold it!
- Stage One pre-spoon with dimples grabs just enough food
- Textured surface soothes sore gums
- Thicker handle designed to comfortably and securely fit a child’s hand
- Flat design is easier to use than a spoon because there’s no wrong way to hold it
- Stage Two pre-spoon with channels captures and holds food
- Dishwasher safe
Includes: 1x Stage One and 1x Stage Two Pre-Spoons.
Recommended for babies 6+ months.
NumNum Pre-Spoon GOOtensil
- Pre-spoons designed to introduce the concept of utensils to kids eager to learn
- Reduces frustration and builds independence
- Made with hypoallergenic, FDA and EU-grade silicone
- Great as a teether, too
When to use
To safely use a utensil, a child must be able to sit unassisted and hold their head up. After which, experts recommend introducing a utensil when the child expresses an interest. This can happen as early as 6 months, but most kids are truly ready to tackle utensils somewhere between 10 and 14 months.
GOOtensils can be used with a range of foods, including baby food, home blends, oatmeal, yogurt, mashed solids and more. We share recipes on our social media often!
How to use
Introduce stage one pre-spoon (with raised textures) first so child can soothe their sore gums as they are getting acclimated to holding the utensil. Once the child has learned the basic food-to-mouth motion, the stage two pre-spoon, which holds more food, can be used interchangeably for thicker foods.
When to transition to a spoon
Most children get wrist rotation around their second birthday. Wrist rotation unlocks scooping and balancing, allowing the child to properly use a spoon. Some signs that wrist rotation has set in include scooping around the corners of the bowl and successfully maneuvering the spoon to the mouth with more food. If these signs are present, congratulations, your child is ready to graduate to the spoon!
Item Weight: 0.64 ounces
Product Dimensions: 5.1” x 1.2” x 3.9”
Materials: FDA and EU-grade silicone & Nylon
The soft, pliable part of the spoon is FDA and EU-grade silicone. The white, firmer part of the spoon that provides the rigidity for the handle is comprised of nylon
Safety: Meets all safety requirements for the U.S, and the E.U. Contains no PVC, BPA or Phthalates.
*Note that the spoon is no longer made of TPE & polypropylene as stated on above diagram. It has now been updated to be made of FDA and EU-grade silicone and Nylon.
- Nuby Stackable Suction Bowls with Lid (3 pack) (Multicoloured)S$16.11 List Price: S$17.90
- OXO Tot Transitions Soft Spout Sippy Cup with Removable Handles, 6oz (6 Colours)S$17.91 List Price: S$19.90
- Lollaland Mealtime Set - SummerS$20.93 List Price: S$29.90
- Precidio Snack in The Box UNIQUE - WhiteS$11.90 List Price: S$18.00
- Lollaland Mealtime Set - SpringS$20.93 List Price: S$29.90