Fairhaven Health BabyDance Fertility Lubricant (3g x 6 tubes) (exp 09/23)
Fairhaven Health BabyDance Fertility Lubricant is the first sperm-friendly fertility lubricant made without parabens and cleared by the FDA. Designed for couples who are Trying To Conceive (TTC), isotonic and pH-matched to mimic your own fertile fluids for a natural feeling.
- Provides 6 applications per box, in convenient 3 gram (.1 ounce) tubes – ideal travel size.
- Guaranteed to be sperm-friendly – each batch is tested to ensure it won’t harm sperm or eggs.
- Patented formula is pH-matched to semen and fertile cervical fluids to supplement natural lubrication for trying to conceive couples.
- Designed for Use by Trying To Conceive (TTC) Couples to Supplement Natural Lubricating Fluids and Enhance the Comfort of Intimacy.
- Will Not Interfere with Critical Sperm Parameters – Motility, DNA Quality, Penetration into Cervical Mucus, or Ability to Fertilize and Support Embryo Development.
- The Only Fertility Lubricant that is Cleared by the FDA, Isotonic, and Made without Parabens.
- Water-Based, Non-Irritating Formula with Botanical Extracts to Support Optimal Vaginal Health
- Unique myDose Applicator Allows You to Choose the Desired Amount of Product to Moisturize and Supplement Natural Lubrication.
- Can Also Be Used in Medical Facilities to Lubricate Diagnostic and Therapeutic Devices During IVF and Other Fertility Interventions.
- Manufactured in the US, Each Lot of BabyDance is Tested for Quality Assurance.
BabyDance™ Fertility Lubricant
New! A Fertility Lubricant Made Without Parabens.
BabyDance Fertility Lubricant is a personal fertility lubricant intended to moisturize, lubricate, and enhance the ease and comfort of intimate sexual activity. Supplementing the body’s own natural lubrication, BabyDance helps carry the sperm to the egg by mimicking the quality and consistency of the cervical fluids you produce when you are fertile. BabyDance Fertility Lubricant is compatible with sperm, oocytes, and embryos and is designed for use by trying to conceive couples.
BabyDance Fertility Lubricant Safe For Trying To Conceive
Help Your Sperm Meet Your Egg….Safely!
Most everyday lubricants have a low pH and very high salt concentrations, and are harmful to sperm. It goes without saying that using one of these everyday lubricants when you are trying to get pregnant is counterproductive – you don’t want your lubricant to make it harder for you to get pregnant! The class of lubricants specifically designated as fertility lubricants undergo specialized testing to ensure that they won’t harm sperm or eggs. BabyDance has a pH of ~7 and mimics the consistency of your cervical secretions, which help the sperm to swim through your cervix to meet the egg for conception. Not only does BabyDance mimic your own body fluids, it contains no ingredients that can be harmful to eggs or sperm. Being FDA cleared for fertility (PEB category) is a sure way to know a lubricant, such as BabyDance, is safe to use when you are trying to conceive.
Keep You and Your Baby Safe from Parabens
Parabens are chemicals that have been used since the 1950s as preservatives to prevent the growth of bacteria in cosmetics, shampoos, lotions, and even lubricants. Known to be endocrine disrupters, parabens are sneaky in that they can mimic the activity of the hormone estrogen in the body’s cells, which may have implications for reproductive health and pregnancy wellness, as well as for the health and development of a fetus. We’ve all been exposed to parabens and have to do our best to detox before conception, and continue to avoid exposure to these chemicals during conception and pregnancy. Needless to say, sending sperm through a lubricant that contains parabens on its way to the egg is ill advised!
Why Do I Need a Fertility Lubricant?
For many couples, sexual lubricants enhance the pleasure and comfort of intercourse. This is often especially true for couples who are trying-to-conceive, as making love tends to be less romantic and spontaneous, and more of a chore to be completed, and using a lubricant can make the experience more pleasurable. For everyday intercourse, any lubricant will do. But, when you are trying to get pregnant, it is important to understand that not all lubricants are created equal, and you need to be discerning when selecting a lubricant to use when baby dancing.
Most everyday lubricants have a low pH and very high salt concentrations, and are harmful to sperm. It goes without saying that using one of these everyday lubricants when you are trying to get pregnant is counterproductive – you don’t want your lubricant to make it harder for you to get pregnant! The class of lubricants specifically designated as fertility lubricants undergo specialized testing to ensure that they won’t harm sperm or eggs. Lubricants that are safe to use when trying to conceive should have a pH of about 7 and should mimic the consistency of your cervical secretions, which help the sperm to swim through your cervix to meet the egg for conception.
Shouldn’t Your Fertility Lubricant Do No Harm?
Human sperm in semen are readily able to swim into BabyDance Fertility Lubricant and penetrate the gel rapidly in high numbers following contact.
In contrast, sperm that contact a leading lubricant not designed for fertility patients are immobilized when they encounter the gel, and thus cannot penetrate through the lubricant, leaving the bulk of the lubricant with no sperm cells present.
Studies* Show BabyDanceTM Fertility Lubricant does not interfere with:
- Sperm Motility
- Sperm DNA Quality
- Sperm Penetration into Cervical Mucus
- Sperm Ability to Fertilize and Support Embryo Development
When should I use BabyDance?
Use BabyDance during your fertile window when you are trying to maximize your chances of conception.
How much BabyDance should I use?
BabyDance’s unique myDose application system allows you to choose the desired amount of product to moisturize and supplement natural lubrication. Select one single use tube and snap and twist on an applicator to the tube. Squeeze the tube to fill the applicator to the 3 gram fill line. If you find that this is too much during your intimacy, simply use a clean cloth to wipe off the vulvar area, and continue with intimacy. Next time, you can adjust the amount of BabyDance that you put into the applicator based on your needs for supplemental lubrication.
What are the ingredients in BabyDance?
- Purifed water: BabyDance is a water-based lubricant, and contains neither oils nor silcone
- Cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose: This ingredient is a polymer derived from cellulose (a naturally occurring component found in the cell walls of plants), which is included in BabyDance to provide thickening and maintain the proper viscosity
- Hypromellose: This ingredient is a semisynthetic polymer most well-known for its use in eye drops (artificial tears)
- Carbomer homopolymer type B: This ingredient is a thickening agent used in many types of cosmetics. It gives BabyDance its desired viscosity.
- Sodium and potassium phosphate: These ingredients are part of the pH buffering system that keeps BabyDance in the proper pH range (about 7)
- Sodium chloride: This is salt – just like the salt you use on your food. It is included in BabyDance to ensure BabyDance is isotonic
- Raspberry-derived xylose: This ingredient is a sugar that provides a building block for the formation of protective natural mucus and energy for healthy bacterial function
- Sodium hydroxide: This ingredient is a pH adjusting agent, included to be sure that BabyDance stays in the proper pH range (about 7)
- Phenethyl alcohol: This ingredient is a naturally occurring substance found in roses that helps preserve BabyDance
- Caprylyl glycol: This is a hydrating compound derived from caprylic acid (which is a a fatty acid found in palm and coconut oils). This ingredient has antimicrobial activity and is used to naturally preserve products, so that harsh chemicals like parabens can be avoided
- Salvia sclarea: Commonly known as Clary Sage, this ingredient is a botanical with natural antibacterial activity, which helps to preserve BabyDance without the need for parabens
What Testing Does BabyDance undergo to Earn the Right to be Called a Sperm-Friendly Lubricant?
The US FDA has a special category of medical devices, known as the PEB category, for lubricants designed to be used by couples who are trying to get pregnant. These PEB category lubricants, such as BabyDance, are tested extensively in development to ensure that they are safe for sperm, eggs and embryos. And, once these products are on the market, manufacturers of these fertility-friendly lubricants are required to confirm that each batch of product does not harm sperm or egg function.
Lubricants labeled as fertility- or sperm-friendly must be tested to ensure that the lubricant:
- is pH neutral (pH 7) and isosmotic/isotonic (e.g. 300 mOsmo/kg) with fertile cervical mucus and semen to prevent shock and damage to sperm and eggs.
- won’t interfere with human sperm motility, survival, or integrity.
- is the correct viscosity to allow sperm to swim into and through the lubricant.
- won’t interfere with embryo development.
- is safe to use for in vitro fertilization and other fertility interventions.
- is screened, both at time of production and throughout the shelf life of the lubricant, for endotoxins, which are toxins produced by bacteria that can harm sperm and egg function even at relatively low levels
What Not to Pick When Choosing a Fertility Lubricant
When you are trying to conceive, the only sure way to know that your lubricant won’t harm sperm is to choose a lubricant that is verified to be fertility-friendly like BabyDance. We all know that reading labels and marketing information is confusing, so use this guide to avoid common mistakes when selecting a fertility-friendly lubricant:
1) Avoid lubricants with pH less than 7 and osmolality greater than 400 mOsm/kg as well as products with glycerol and other small penetrating chemicals.
2) Avoid confusing a lubricant labeled as non-spermicidal with a lubricant that is verified to be fertility-friendly.
3) Avoid lubricants that are labeled as organic or natural but are not cleared as fertility lubricants, as only lubricants that have earned the right to be labeled as fertility lubricants are required to undergo testing that shows the product won’t harm sperm or eggs.
4) Avoid using household oils, as household oils often contain toxic peroxides and inflammatory chemicals that develop over time due to exposure to light, room temperature, and the purity of the oil.
Bottom line, determining that a lubricant is verified to be fertility friendly is the best way to know that the lubricant is safe to use when you are trying to conceive.
Does BabyDance Contain Added Artificial Fragrance?
BabyDance does not contain any added fragrance, although you might notice that the lubricant has a mild floral scent. Unlike other fertility lubricants that use harsh parabens as preserving agents, BabyDance includes a bio-identical compound found in roses as a natural preservative, which gives BabyDance a light scent of roses.
What to Expect When Using BabyDance?
BabyDance is pH-matched to your fertile quality cervical fluid and to your partner’s semen, both of which have a pH of approximately 7. Throughout most of your cycle, your vaginal pH is typically much lower than that – somewhere between about 4 and 5. But, during your fertile window, it’s important for your pH to rise to create a more friendly environment for sperm. When using BabyDance for the first time during their fertile window, most women don’t notice any unusual sensations. However, some women feel a warming sensation when first using BabyDance. This sensation is more likely to occur in women with poor quality cervical mucus or hormonal imbalances, or in those women whose vaginal tissues are easily irritated by semen during intercourse. In other words, if your pH has not naturally risen on its own during your fertile period, you might feel a warming sensation when applying BabyDance with a pH of 7. Most women find that this warming sensation decreases with subsequent uses of BabyDance, as the pH of their vaginal tissues become balanced to the higher pH required for conception. If you continue to experience irritation after using BabyDance, please discontinue use and refer to the product labeling for more information.
- Fairhaven Health BabyDance Fertility Lubricant (40g x 10 tubes) - exp 07/23S$39.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- Fairhaven Health MotilityBoost for Men (60 Capsules) - exp 01/24S$42.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- Fairhaven Health FertilAid for Women (90 Capsules) (exp 12/23)S$62.90 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)