COVID-19 for Kids is a picture book that uses simple rhymes and fun illustrations to share the facts, how to stay healthy and how to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
All profits from the sale of this book in Singapore will go to The Courage Fund by Community Chest.
Grandpa has a very strong will, but his body's weak and often ill…” So begins our story, but the coronavirus has come to town and is spreading fast! What happens when Grandpa's family and friends meet COVID-19 at his grandson’s birthday party? How will they all keep him safe?
See how Grandpa’s family and friends use social distancing and great hygiene to stay healthy and prevent further spread of the coronavirus, especially to the most vulnerable people in our society.
COVID-19 was first identified in late 2019. Since then, the coronavirus has spread widely and the disease was declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization on March 11, 2020.
How do we explain what is going on in the world to our children?
This book was written to help you as a parent, teacher or other caregiver talk to your kids about the coronavirus. With so much uncertainty and fear out there, COVID-19 for Kids uses simple rhymes and fun illustrations to share the facts, how to stay healthy and how to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Using simple rhymes and fun illustrations, help kids understand the facts and what they can do to help fight COVID-19. This book was written to help you talk with your children about the coronavirus and answer the most important questions: What is COVID-19 and why is it such a big deal? How can I catch the coronavirus? What happens if I get it? What can I do to reduce my risk of getting infected? What is my role in reducing its spread, especially amongst those most vulnerable to the disease?
A Discussion Guide & “In My Own Words” activity is also included at the end of the book!
After reading the book COVID-19 for Kids with your children, here are some questions you can use to discuss the coronavirus with them:
- Do you know any people who get sick easily, just like the grandpa in the story?
- How do you feel when you get a cold or a flu? What happens to your body when you get sick?
- How would you describe COVID-19 / coronavirus? What is it?
- Why do you think people are so worried about COVID-19?
- How does COVID-19 spread?
- How does hearing about COVID-19 make you feel? Why?
- What can you do to stay healthy?
- What can you do to spread fewer germs?
- How does staying healthy yourself help others stay healthy too?
- What changes have you / we had to make because of COVID-19?
- How do you think COVID-19 is affecting other people – our neighbours, our friends, other children in the world?
- Do you have any other ideas of how you can help people affected by COVID-19?