Clevamama ClevaFoam Pram Pillow (New 3101 Model)
Clevamama ClevaFoam Pram Pillow is a infant pillow made of ClevaFoam for use in stroller prams and bassinets, designed to protect and support your baby's soft round head and neck while sleeping. It is hypo-allergenic, pH balanced, toxin and formaldehyde free for your baby's comfort and safety.
- Soft, supporting ClevaFoam® technology helps to protect the round shape of your baby's head
- Breathable, lightweight with reduced heat retention
- Hypo-allergenic, pH balanced & toxin free; suitable for babies with asthma & allergies
- ClevaFoam® pillows & pillow cases also available in infant, baby and toddler size
- Oeko-Tex® 100 certified for use with babies.
- Size: H: 20cm x W: 30cm
- Comes with a washable removable cover. (This is a fabric cover for the ClevaFoam, not a pillow case.)
Recommended for babies 0+ months.
Nothing is more precious than your baby. Our supportive and breathable ClevaFoam® Pram Pillow has been designed to protect and support your baby's head and neck while sleeping.
Our advanced ClevaFoam® technology protects the round shape of your baby's soft head to help prevent Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly). It is scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of your baby's head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland).
The uniquely formulated ClevaFoam® with its open cell structure is 100% breathable, has significantly reduced heat retention and is remarkably light weight. For your baby's comfort and safety, it is hypo-allergenic, pH balanced, toxin and formaldehyde free and perfect for babies with asthma and allergies.
Oeko-Tex® 100 certified for use with babies.
Size: H: 20cm x W: 30cm
Washing Instructions for removable cover:
Please follow the instructions below.
The pillow itself may be washed occasionally and gently by hand using a mild detergent. Gently squeeze excess water from the pillow and allow to dry flat.
How to position your baby on to the pillow?
Place your baby's head and shoulders on to the pillow, as per the image on the packaging.
Safety is a shared responsibility. Although this product has been manufactured according to all safety standards and requirements, we need your help in order to keep your child safe and failure to follow these instructions for use may cause serious injury or damage to your child.
To prevent serious injury or death:
- Not intended for carrying baby.
- Pay special attention to warnings for safety, in order to prevent possible injury to your child.
- Examine product frequently for damage, missing or loose parts. Do not use if product is damaged.
- Always place your baby to sleep on their back to help prevent SIDs.
- A child's movement can slide this product.
- NEVER use this product on counter-tops, tables on or near steps or on other elevated surfaces.
- All foam products are packed for safety and transportation and require time when unpacked to return to original shape and size.
- Please remove the product from all packaging and allow to air for a period of 48 hours before use.
- Optimum room temperature for best performance should be 18°C.
ClevaFoam® technology supports your baby's rapidly growing body and developing joints, it protects the round shape of your baby's soft head to help prevent Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly). It is the only product scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of your baby's head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland).
The uniquely formulated ClevaFoam® with its open cell structure is 100% breathable, has significant reduced heat retention and is remarkably light weight. For your baby's comfort and safety, it is hypo-allergenic, pH balanced and phthalates, toxin and formaldehyde free. Ideal for babies with asthma and allergies.
During the manufacturing process we use only water as an alternative blowing agent, instead of harmful chemicals. Oeko-Tex® 100 certified for use with babies.
Researched and developed with the world-renowned University at Trinity College in Dublin, our advanced ClevaFoam® technology is specifically engineered, designed and manufactured for babies. It supports your baby’s rapidly growing body and developing joints, it protects the round shape of your baby’s soft head to help prevent Plagiocephaly (Flat Head Syndrome), which is common in young babies.
It is the only product scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of a baby’s head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland). Hyper-allergenic, pH balanced and toxin free it is ideal for babies and children with asthma and allergies.
WHAT IS PLAGIOCEPHALY?
Deformational Plagiocephaly (DP) is a medical condition, more commonly known as ‘flat head syndrome’ (FHS), which occurs when an infant’s head becomes flatten and or misshaped due to the head continually resting on a surface that does not conform or support the shape of a baby’s head. Infant heads are soft to allow for the initial passage through the birth canal and then for the incredible brain growth that occurs in the first year of life. During the early months of life, they are more susceptible to being "molded" into a flat shape or taking the form of the surface that the skull is in contact with.
Plagiocephaly develops when an infant’s rapidly growing head attempts to expand, and meets some type of resistance— either prenatally in the mother’s womb, or more commonly after delivery because the back or side of a baby’s head is pressed against a mattress, car seat or other flat surface.
This condition affects many infants, especially since the widespread introduction of the “Back to Sleep” campaign which recommends that babies are placed to sleep on their back (supine sleep) that was introduced in 1994 and has made significant inroads to reducing the number of SID’s (Cot Deaths), by an estimated 46% in some countries. However, the by-product of the supine sleeping is a significant increase of FHS which is now at epidemic proportions according the AAP (American Academy of Paediatrics) affecting nearly 50% of all baby by the age of 2 moments. (www.aap.org, 2013).
Further to this, babies suffering from Torticollis are also at risk of developing FHS due the nature of the condition, which is a tight or shortened muscle in one side of the neck causes the head to tilt or turn to one side, resulting in the infant resting its head in the same position.
UNIVERSITY OF TRINITY COLLEGE RESEARCH
In collaboration with world renowned University at Trinity College in Dublin, ClevaMama® carried out a comprehensive study on Deformational Plagiocephaly or Flat Head Syndrome. This research led to the development of ClevaFoam®, the only non-invasive aid proven to help in the prevention and correction of Flat Head Syndrome.
Researchers at Trinity College Centre for Bioengineering conducted a biomechanical analysis of contact between an infant skull and different support materials during bed rest. ClevaFoam® was found to reduce the pressure on an infant’s skull which aggravates flat head syndrome by up to 50% and increase support by 80%. The study found both lower stress distribution on a baby’s head and lower strain energy density when using ClevaFoam® products.
What is ClevaFoam® made of?
ClevaFoam® is made from low resilience polyurethane foam.
Is ClevaFoam® the same as memory foam?
No, they share many features but have one great difference, namely the cell structure. Standard or normal memory foam is usually a closed cell structure which makes it heavy, dense, with reduced airflow causing it to retain and build-up of heat. ClevaFoam® is made with an open cell structure thereby making it lighter, more breathable, with reduced heat retention.
What age is ClevaFoam® suitable from and to?
ClevaFoam® products can be used from birth, with the upper age limit depending on the product ClevaFoam® is used in. For example, the ClevaFoam® Baby Pillow can be used from birth but the Toddler Pillow is not recommended before 12 months. The ClevaSleep® Plus Elevated Support is also made out of ClevaFoam® and can be used until the baby starts moving in their sleep, usually at around 5-6 months (this will vary from baby to baby).
Is ClevaFoam® washable and if so how?
Hand wash using a mild detergent, allow to air dry on a flat surface.
Is ClevaFoam® breathable?
Yes, because of the manufacturing process and the open cell structure ClevaFoam® is breathable.
Is the cover breathable?
Yes, it is. The cover is made using Airflow™ technology, which increases airflow and draws away moisture from your baby.
Is the cover washable?
Absolutely! The cover is like any other pillow case and can be hand washed according to the instructions on the care label.
What material is the cover?
The cover is made from 100% polyester.
Are all ClevaFoam® products lined?
Yes, all products have a lining. Depending on the product, some are waterproof and some have structure covers.
No, it is not the same. Infant pillow has a donut shape and designed specifically for newborn gentle scalps. Pram pillow is simply smaller version of baby pillow to be used to allow child to sleep on reclining stroller.
No, it is a smaller version of the baby pillow.
- Clevamama Tencel Toilet Training Sleep Mat (3 Colours)S$19.90 List Price: S$24.90
- ClevaMama AirGo Support Mattress (60 x 120 cm)S$159.00 List Price: S$199.00
- Cotton Case (31x22cm) for Clevamama ClevaFoam Pram Pillow (8 Designs)S$8.72 List Price: S$10.90
- Clevamama Clevabed Mattress Protector Cot Bed Size (70x140cm)S$17.52 List Price: S$21.90
- Clevamama Mum2Me Maternity Pillow & Sleep Pod - Grey ChevronS$169.00 List Price: S$249.00
- Clevamama ClevaCushion 10 in 1 Nursing Pillow - MulticolourS$89.90 List Price: S$139.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Support Mattress (70x140cm) - Increased AirflowS$191.00 List Price: S$239.00
- ClevaMama Jersey Cotton Fitted Sheets, 2pk (70x140cm) (3 Colours)S$27.92 List Price: S$34.90
- ClevaMama Jersey Cotton Fitted Sheets, 2pk (60x120cm) (3 Colours)S$23.92 List Price: S$29.90
- Clevamama ClevaSleep Plus Elevated Support PositionerS$79.90 List Price: S$99.90
- Clevamama Therapeutic Body & Bump Maternity PillowS$135.20 List Price: S$169.00
- ClevaMama Anti-Allergy Mattress (60 x 120 cm)S$103.20 List Price: S$129.00