ClevaFoam Head & Body Support is a support to place on the car seat, stroller, high chair or bouncer to protect and support your baby's soft head and body, keeping your baby perfectly stable and comfortable. Made with ClevaFoam® it protects and supports your baby's rapidly growing body and the round shape of your baby's soft head, helping prevent Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly).
- Provides head & body support during early months in car seats, strollers, bouncers & high chairs
- ClevaFoam® technology protects the round shape of your baby's soft head
- Lightweight, breathable with reduced heat retention.
- Hypo-allergenic, pH balanced, toxin and formaldehyde free, ideal for babies with asthma and allergies.
- Oeko-Tex® 100 certified for use with babies.
- Airflow fabric draws away moisture and increases airflow
- Includes two soft harness straps for extra comfort and increased snugness
- Size: 50L x 45W x 7D cm
Suitable for baby 0+ months.
Ensure the harness of your car seat and baby carrier is aligned with the openings on this support.
Safety is a shared responsibility. Although this product has been manufactured according to all safety standards and requirements, we need your help in order to keep your child safe and failure to follow these instructions for use may cause serious injury or damage to your child.
To prevent serious injury or death:
- To avoid possible entanglement or strangulation, do not add additional strings or straps to the product.
- Not intended for carrying baby.
- Pay special attention to warnings for safety, in order to prevent possible injury to your child.
- Examine product frequently for damage, missing or loose parts. Do not use if product is damaged.
- Never place your baby in this product on counter-tops, tables on or near steps or on other elevated surfaces.
- Never leave your child unattended.
- Use only under adult supervision.
- Always keep your child in view when in product.
- DO NOT ALLOW THIS OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT TO INTERFERE WITH PROPER FUNCTIONING OF CAR SEAT OR OTHER HARNESS SYSTEMS.
- Remove all packaging from this item and dispose of carefully to avoid suffocation.
ClevaFoam® technology supports your baby's rapidly growing body and developing joints, it protects the round shape of your baby's soft head to help prevent Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly). It is the only product scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of your baby's head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland).
The uniquely formulated ClevaFoam® with its open cell structure is 100% breathable, has significant reduced heat retention and is remarkably light weight. For your baby's comfort and safety, it is hypo-allergenic, pH balanced and phthalates, toxin and formaldehyde free. Ideal for babies with asthma and allergies.
During the manufacturing process we use only water as an alternative blowing agent, instead of harmful chemicals. Oeko-Tex® 100 certified for use with babies.
Researched and developed with the world-renowned University at Trinity College in Dublin, our advanced ClevaFoam® technology is specifically engineered, designed and manufactured for babies. It supports your baby’s rapidly growing body and developing joints, it protects the round shape of your baby’s soft head to help prevent Plagiocephaly (Flat Head Syndrome), which is common in young babies.
It is the only product scientifically proven to reduce pressure on the back of a baby’s head by 50% and to increase support by 80% (Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland). Hyper-allergenic, pH balanced and toxin free it is ideal for babies and children with asthma and allergies.
WHAT IS PLAGIOCEPHALY?
Deformational Plagiocephaly (DP) is a medical condition, more commonly known as ‘flat head syndrome’ (FHS), which occurs when an infant’s head becomes flatten and or misshaped due to the head continually resting on a surface that does not conform or support the shape of a baby’s head. Infant heads are soft to allow for the initial passage through the birth canal and then for the incredible brain growth that occurs in the first year of life. During the early months of life, they are more susceptible to being "molded" into a flat shape or taking the form of the surface that the skull is in contact with.
Plagiocephaly develops when an infant’s rapidly growing head attempts to expand, and meets some type of resistance— either prenatally in the mother’s womb, or more commonly after delivery because the back or side of a baby’s head is pressed against a mattress, car seat or other flat surface.
This condition affects many infants, especially since the widespread introduction of the “Back to Sleep” campaign which recommends that babies are placed to sleep on their back (supine sleep) that was introduced in 1994 and has made significant inroads to reducing the number of SID’s (Cot Deaths), by an estimated 46% in some countries. However, the by-product of the supine sleeping is a significant increase of FHS which is now at epidemic proportions according the AAP (American Academy of Paediatrics) affecting nearly 50% of all baby by the age of 2 moments. (www.aap.org, 2013).
Further to this, babies suffering from Torticollis are also at risk of developing FHS due the nature of the condition, which is a tight or shortened muscle in one side of the neck causes the head to tilt or turn to one side, resulting in the infant resting its head in the same position.
UNIVERSITY OF TRINITY COLLEGE RESEARCH
In collaboration with world renowned University at Trinity College in Dublin, ClevaMama® carried out a comprehensive study on Deformational Plagiocephaly or Flat Head Syndrome. This research led to the development of ClevaFoam®, the only non-invasive aid proven to help in the prevention and correction of Flat Head Syndrome.
Researchers at Trinity College Centre for Bioengineering conducted a biomechanical analysis of contact between an infant skull and different support materials during bed rest. ClevaFoam® was found to reduce the pressure on an infant’s skull which aggravates flat head syndrome by up to 50% and increase support by 80%. The study found both lower stress distribution on a baby’s head and lower strain energy density when using ClevaFoam® products.
What is ClevaFoam® made of?
ClevaFoam® is made from low resilience polyurethane foam.
Is ClevaFoam® the same as memory foam?
No, they share many features but have one great difference, namely the cell structure. Standard or normal memory foam is usually a closed cell structure which makes it heavy, dense, with reduced airflow causing it to retain and build-up of heat. ClevaFoam® is made with an open cell structure thereby making it lighter, more breathable, with reduced heat retention.
What age is ClevaFoam® suitable from and to?
ClevaFoam® products can be used from birth, with the upper age limit depending on the product ClevaFoam® is used in. For example, the ClevaFoam® Baby Pillow can be used from birth but the Toddler Pillow is not recommended before 12 months. The ClevaSleep® Plus Elevated Support is also made out of ClevaFoam® and can be used until the baby starts moving in their sleep, usually at around 5-6 months (this will vary from baby to baby).
Is ClevaFoam® washable and if so how?
Hand wash using a mild detergent, allow to air dry on a flat surface.
Is ClevaFoam® breathable?
Yes, because of the manufacturing process and the open cell structure ClevaFoam® is breathable.
Is the fabric breathable?
Yes, it is. The fabric is made using Airflow™ technology, which increases airflow and draws away moisture from your baby.
What material is the fabric?
The fabric is made from 100% polyester.
Are all ClevaFoam® products lined?
Yes, all products have a lining. Depending on the product, some are waterproof and some have structure covers.
It is sized 50L x 45W x 7D cm. You can check if this measurements fit into your stroller.
- ClevaMama Jersey Cotton Fitted Sheets, 2pk (70x140cm) (3 Colours)S$23.90 List Price: S$34.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Support Mattress (70x140cm) - Increased AirflowS$191.00 List Price: S$239.00
- Clevamama ClevaSleep Plus Elevated Support PositionerS$79.90 List Price: S$99.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Support Mattress (60x120cm) - Increased AirflowS$159.00 List Price: S$199.00
- ClevaMama Anti-Allergy Mattress (70 x 140 cm)S$134.10 List Price: S$149.00
- Clevamama ClevaCushion 10 in 1 Nursing Pillow - MulticolourS$89.90 List Price: S$139.90
- ClevaMama AirGo Support Mattress (60 x 120 cm)S$179.00 List Price: S$199.00
- ClevaMama Jersey Cotton Fitted Sheets, 2pk (60x120cm) (3 Colours)S$19.90 List Price: S$29.90
- Clevamama Therapeutic Body & Bump Maternity PillowS$143.65 List Price: S$169.00
- Clevamama ClevaBath (2 Colors)S$79.00 (+10% OFF FOR VIP)
- Clevamama Bamboo Apron Baby Bath Towel (7 Designs)S$33.21 List Price: S$36.90
- Clevamama ClevaFoam Toddler Pillow (New 3103 Model)S$44.91 List Price: S$49.90
- Cotton Case (31x22cm) for Clevamama ClevaFoam Pram Pillow (4 Designs)S$9.81 - S$9.90 List Price: S$10.90
- Clevamama Tencel Toilet Training Sleep Mat (3 Colours)S$17.45 - S$19.90 List Price: S$24.90
- Cotton Cover (55x35cm) for Clevamama ClevaFoam Toddler Pillow (4 Designs)S$14.30 - S$16.11 List Price: S$17.90