Pupsik Pouch FAQs
1. Why should I choose a fitted pouch carrier?
So many people just love the simplicity and comfort of a good fitted pouch carrier. Here are just a few more good reasons why you should choose a pouch carrier:
- Simple one-piece design. Sleek!
- Made-to-fit you so there is no need for further adjustments with rings and buckle. Hurray!
- Easy to use. Just pop baby in the pouch and you are on your way!
- Comfortable. The wide and slightly stretchable fabric distributes weight evenly across your back.
- Leg padding design to cushion baby's knees. Comfy!
- Extremely compact and lightweight. Fits easily in any diaper bag or handbag.
- 3-5 carrying positions to meet baby's needs as he grows fro being a newborns to a toddler.
- Simple one-piece design. Sleek!
Here are more reasons to use a pouch carrier - watch an interesting video of how some animals in the animal kingdom use a pouch to carry their young!
2. Why do so many people love our pouches?
Pupsik pouches are made with high quality cotton fabrics with a slight stretch for comfort. Combining fashion with function, our stylish pouches come in versatile colours and designs to coordinate with your wardrobe. We also offer many sizes that are specially made to fit smaller Asian frames. Our pocket feature allows you to place little loose items such as a diaper or burp cloth when you are out and about. Tested strong enough (by TÜV SÜD, an established and internationally recognised testing body) for carrying weights up to 20kg.
3. Your design looks so simple. Can I make one myself at home?
Yes, you can. But make sure you use a fabric that is strong enough to hold the weight of your baby. Most lightweight cotton fabrics with beautiful prints often used for crafting and tops are not strong enough to withstand the stress that a pouch carrier usually undergoes. It is also very important to use strong and good-quality thread. The seams of our Pupsik pouches are all triple-stitched with one of the strongest high quality thread in the market.
4. How do I know if I have the right size? Can I request for an exchange if I feel that I have the wrong size?
For a good fit, the bottom of the pouch should generally be anywhere between 1-3 inch under your belly button.
A pouch that is too small for you will feel uncomfortably tight and very difficult to get baby in and out. A pouch that is too big will often slip off your shoulder. You may also find yourself arching back to support your baby in a big pouch which may cause your back to start aching after a while.
It is very important to us that you are perfectly happy with your new pouch carrier. Please contact us for an exchange within 3 days if you feel that your pouch is not the right size for you. For mommies who are still pregnant, we would be happy to extend the exchange period for you until you are ready to try on your pouch. Just let us know your estimated due date (EDD) upon purchase.
5. There seems to be a lot of excess cloth when I carry my baby in the front/hip carry. Is my pouch too big?
Usually, when you first shift to the front/hip carry position at 4 months, you might find the pouch a little roomy. Don't worry as your baby will soon grow into it. Meanwhile, you can try the method of flipping the top layer of the fabric on your shoulder down over your shoulder to pull the baby towards you. (click HERE to view picture)
6. Is my baby safe in a pouch?
If your baby is properly positioned, your pouch will keep her secure. A pouch carrier is as safe as carrying your baby in your arms. Please refer to our recommended safety tips and exercise common sense at all times. PUPSIK, and any of our distributors, will not be responsible for accidents that may arise due to improper use.
7. Why is there a padding on your pouch?
Most of our pouches are offered with leg padding to cushion and support your baby's thighs when in the hip, back, or tummy to tummy carries. The padding is also useful as a handle for you to line the seam when popping your baby in the pouch or for your baby to grab on to when in the front carry position.
8. What is the age and weight limit of your pouch? Do I need to get a larger pouch as baby grows bigger?
No! The best thing about a fitted pouch is that is it made to fit you, not your baby. The same size fits from the time your baby is born through toddler hood (the seams of our pouch have been professional tested to be able to withstand weights of up to 20kg). You change the carry position of the baby as he/she grows. i.e. The cradle carry will be the main carry position for newborns up to 3 months. As soon as baby is strong enough to support his own head, you switch to the kangaroo position with baby facing out. When baby grows bigger, his/her legs would be placed outside the pouch in the front/hip carry position.
9. How do I care for my pouch?
We suggest hand/machine washing cold and line drying to help extend the life of your pouch.
10. Can I breastfeed in a pouch?
Yes you can although you might find that you might prefer to use a nursing cover since the compact design of a pouch may not give you the coverage you need.
11. My baby looks cramped inside the pouch in the cradle carry. Will using the pouch affect my baby's growth?
Many newborn babies love being cradled in the cradle carry position in the pouch as it is similar to the fetal position when in your womb. As such they feel very secure and comfortable in this position as there is no pressure exerted on their lower spinal area compared to other types of carriers that carry baby in the sitting position too early. Around 3-4 months, you will find that it is time to move baby to the front carry position as he/she is ready to sit up and support his/her own head.
For additional questions that is not answered above, please feel free to contact us using this online contact form!
Shop by Brands
- A, APPLE PIE
- AH GOO BABY
- BELLY BANDIT
- BUBBER - MOON SAND
- CHARLIE BANANA
- HEICO LAMPS
- HOLSTER JELLIES
- HUMAN NATURE SKINCARE
- I SPY GAMES
- ITZY RITZY
- KROOOM KIDS TOYS
- KIDS KONSERVE
- LOU HARVEY
- MAE DECALS
- MERI MERI PARTYWARE
- MILK ON THE ROCKS NYC
- MOULIN ROTY
- OOBI BABY
- PENNY SCALLAN
- PITTER PATTER SHOES
- PLAY 'n' WEAR
- SCHOENHUT PIANO
- SKIP HOP
- TIP TOEY JOEY